What is a Professional Services Automation Tool?
If you bill clients for your time and/or expertise, you are offering a service. If you are providing that service to other business, you are probably offering professional services.
If you are offering professional services, you need some way to track your time and efforts for billing and communication purposes. You generally have a few options for accomplishing this:
- Hope that you remember everything
- Write everything in a legal pad or notebook
- Type everything into your computer using
- Word Processor
- Customized Database Solution
- Use an online, hosted solution
If you are tired of all of the solutions listed above and you are looking for a simple, elegant, inexpensive method for tracking your activities while providing your clients with detailed information with minimal effort, you are ready to move to a Professional Services Automation solution.
ITC is evaluating a PSA solution…
We are currently evaluating a Professional Services Automation (PSA) solution that runs as an add-on to Microsoft Outlook. The solution is very customizable and provides the following features:
- File / Project / Client – organize your practice by files, projects, cases, matters, clients, etc.
- Time tracking – track time simply from any computer activity. Track time for standard tasks like sending and replying to email, making a call, or doing research. Quickly view time entries by client, case, matter, project, etc. Post time entries to QuickBooks, Timeslips, PCLaw, or your own custom implementation.
- Phone calls – track the time on a telephone call, keep searchable notes and associate the call to a client for billing and time tracking purposes.
- Messages and callbacks – if a call results in a voicemail or a required follow-up, you can toggle on a reminder at any time and set a follow-up date to ensure no calls are overlooked. Also, if you are working in a team, you can select who should call back.
- Contacts – work with your existing Microsoft Outlook contacts.
- Organize email – associate emails with a client, project, case, matter, etc. for quick and easy access.
- Appointments – create and share appointments with colleagues and track time associated to the appointment all from one simple, familiar interface.
- Tasks – share tasks and track time and files associated with a particular task.
- Documents – centralize documents and simply share documents with colleagues.
- Notes – keep notes on a client, matter, project, case, or file in an organized centralized system.
- Research – save web page information and research notes while tracking time associated to your research.
- Chronology – view all activities associated with a file (case, client, matter, etc.). A great way to keep a client up-to-date with your progress.
- Time Entry Assistant – just in case you may have missed a particular time entry, this feature provides the ability to update a missed task.
- Reports – create reports (printed, PDF, or Excel format) for time entries, files, and telephone calls.
- Custom Pages – compile and create custom pages to track information pertinent to your business.
- Complex Searches – with all of the information in electronic format, complex searches can be conducted to find any information stored in the system.
- Calculate Dates – the handy date calculator will help you find dates a particular number of days away, a particular number of business days away (if you do not want holidays counted, it can do that too), or determine the number of days between two dates.
- Post Time to Accounting – as mentioned earlier, time entries may be posted to QuickBooks, Timeslips, PCLaw, or your own custom implementation.
- Import Information – yes, it takes time to get information into a new system. If you already have lists, files, clients, etc. then you can import the existing information — a HUGE time saver!
- Encrypt Data – you will see how valuable this tool is in a short amount of time. When you see the value, you will probably want to make sure that this gem is protected. Encrypt the data for an added layer of protection.
- Team Collaboration – your practice does not have an Exchange Server or an existing multi-user practice management and collaboration tool? Built into this system is an excellent multi-user capability. Share your files, contacts, calendar, and task information with your colleagues (if you desire) or, use the team feature to make sure that you track employee time.
If you would like to learn more about this incredible tool, please feel free to contact us at (305) 238-6587 or take a moment to fill out our contact form.